Honda Canada New Car Warranty Information
When you buy a new vehicle from us at Goderich Honda, all of our new Honda cars, trucks, vans, and SUVs come with Honda’s No Nonsense Warranty. It covers the costs to repair or replace any defects in the materials or workmanship for your new Honda vehicle so you are not stuck with extra costs. Honda’s No Nonsense Warranty is good for five years or the first 100,000 km on its odometer (whichever comes first) after the date of the vehicle’s registration.
All Honda warranties begin on the date the vehicle is delivered to the first retail purchaser or, if the vehicle is leased or placed in service as a demonstration (demo) vehicle, then the date that the vehicle is first driven off the lot. There are no deductibles to pay should your Honda ever require repairs covered by any of Honda’s warranties.
NOTE: If you live outside of Goderich or Huron Country in Ontario, Canada, please refer to Honda’s website for any warranty questions you might have. We are a Honda dealership in Goderich, Ontario, and can only help customers who can physically come to our dealership with their warranty issues.
Click to expand any of the warranty features below for a full breakdown of each warranty program and what they cover.
Honda Distributor’s Warranty: 3 years or 60,000 km (whichever comes first)
The Distributor’s Warranty guarantees as long as your vehicle receives normal use and maintenance, you will be covered for any extra costs due to defects in the material and workmanship of your new Honda, with some few exceptions.
If your new Honda does have any defects that are found during the 3 year/60,000 km period, you should report them to our Goderich Honda dealership right away. You will not have to pay for necessary repairs or replacement parts and their installation for defects reported within the warranty period.
Honda Power Train Component Warranty: 5 years / 100,000 km (whichever comes first)
When the Distributor’s Warranty ends, this Power Train Component Warranty kicks in to cover the following components:
- Cylinder block, cylinder head and all internal parts for each
- Camshaft and valve train
- EFI main relay
- V6 water passage gasket
- Other miscellaneous components such as specific pumps, seals, valves, and gaskets
- Transmission, differential housing and all internal parts
- Torque converter on automatic transmission
- CV joints
- 4WD transfer case and dual pump assembly
- Front and rear hubs and wheel bearings
- Seat belts and warning control unit
- SRS air bag module, control unit & sensors, and harness
If any components are not specifically mentioned above, they are excluded from the Power Train Warranty coverage.
Emission Systems: 3 years / 60,000 km OR 8 years / 130,000 km
Honda’s Emission Systems Warranty guarantees that your new Honda would pass Canada and Ontario’s emission control standards. The Emissions Systems warranty covers defects in the material or craftsmanship so you will not have to pay to for replacement components or repairs.
The following systems and components of your emissions systems are covered for 3 years / 60,000 km (whichever comes first):
- Evaporative and refueling emissions control
- Exhaust and exhaust gas recirculation systems
- Crankcase control
- Intake air system
- Ignition system
- Valve timing and control
- Fuel injection system
- Transmission control system
- Miscellaneous parts and components associated with the above emissions systems
The following systems and components of your emissions systems are covered for 8 years / 130,000 km (whichever comes first):
- On Board Diagnostic (OBD) Systems
- Three-way catalytic converter
- Engine & Powertrain Control Module (ECM/PCM) including barometric pressure sensor and software upgrades
For a full list of specific parts and components, you can consult your owner’s warranty guide from Honda or contact us today if you are in the Goderich, Huron County area.
Hybrid Systems: 3 years / 60,000 km OR 8 years / 160,000 km
The specific parts and components of your Honda’s hybrid battery systems are broken down into two different coverages, depending on the specific components and their complexity. In general, the simple components and systems fall under the 3 years / 60,000 km coverage while the more advanced Integrated Motor Assist hybrid systems fall under the 8 years / 160,000 km coverage.
Hybrid System Components covered for 3 years / 60,000 km (whichever comes first) include the following:
- High voltage and bypass contractors, resistor, and fuse
- Battery current sensor and module service connector
- Brake pedal reaction force system
- Motor control module including coolant pump assembly, expansion tank, relay, and coolant radiator
- Battery pack — coolant pump assembly and coolant radiator
- Motor power inverter module or battery module fan assembly
- High speed motor power inverter module fan control relay
- Motor drive module capacitor and motor current sensor
Integrated Motor Assist Hybrid System Components covered for 8 years / 160,000 km (whichever comes first) include the following:
- Battery assembly including all internal components
- Battery charger including cables and control module
- Motor control module including all internal components
- Motor power inverter module including all internal components
- Battery generator including position and temperature sensors
- High voltage power cables
There may be other specific components in your Honda hybrid system that are covered by this warranty. Ask us for details or consult your Honda owner’s warranty guide.
Roadside Assistance: 3 years / No Distance Limit
For the first three years after the vehicle’s registration date, you will not have to pay for the cost to have your Honda towed to the nearest Honda dealership if the vehicle cannot be operated or driven safely, and the breakdown was caused by a defect covered by an active warranty.
Rust Perforation: 5 years / No Distance Limit
Honda’s Rust Perforation coverage means you won’t have to pay for any repairs or replacements (including labour and installation) for original body parts and components that rust through from the inside out due to perforation by corrosion.
Only metal parts and components of the chassis are covered by this warranty. It does not cover parts of the power train, steering, suspension, braking, cooling or heating systems, exhaust systems, or trim and mouldings.
Surface Corrosion: 3 years / No Distance Limit
Honda’s Surface Corrosion coverage includes the surface components of the vehicle that is visibly damaged due to corrosion, as well as paint related defects. It does NOT include corrosion on the underbody or damage to the visible surface and paint caused by stone chips, acid rain, tree sap, or other normal causes for wear and tear.
Honda Audio Components: 3 years / 60,000 km (whichever comes first)
Honda’s Audio Components warranty coverage includes defects in material and workmanship in your vehicle’s original (or genuine Honda accessories) radio, DVD player, and navigation system. If a defect is found, you can bring your vehicle in to a Honda dealership to have it repaired or replaced for no extra cost to you, including cost of labour.
Honda Batteries: 3 years / No Distance Limit
Honda’s battery warranty coverage means that you will not have to pay for any repair or replacement (including labour) for defects in material or workmanship in your Honda’s original battery for the first 24 months after its first registration.
If a defect is found in your original battery after the first 24 months, but before the end of the three-year coverage period, your Honda dealership will give you 50% credit of the MSRP of a new battery that you purchase from them (not including labour).
This coverage does not include hybrid or electric vehicle batteries.
Honda Accessories: 3 years / 60,000 km (whichever comes first)
Honda’s Accessories warranty coverage applies to Genuine Honda Accessories that are installed by a Honda dealership at the time of the vehicle’s purchase, or prior to it. Any accessories that meet these conditions are covered for the first 3 years or 60,000 km (whichever comes first) after the vehicle’s first registration date.
Genuine Honda Accessories installed at a Honda dealership after the vehicle’s purchase day are not covered for the first year or 20,000 km (whichever comes first) but are covered for the remainder of the 3 years / 60,000 km.
Genuine Honda Accessories that are purchased from a Honda dealership but NOT installed by them are only covered for 1 year or 20,000 km after the purchase date (whichever comes first).
The Genuine Honda Accessory Warranty does NOT cover the following:
- Accessories that were installed on a Honda if the accessory was not designed to fit that year or model vehicle.
- Accessories for Honda vehicles that were purchased outside of Canada.
- Warranty claims that are presented without sufficient proof of purchase, and/or the installation date of the accessory on your vehicle, and the odometer reading when the accessory was installed.
Genuine Honda Replacement Parts: 1 year / 20,000 km (whichever comes first)
If you purchase a replacement part for your Honda at a Honda dealership, you will not have to pay for its repair or replacement due to a defect in the material or workmanship within the first year or 20,000 km (whichever comes first) after the date of purchase.
If the defective replacement part was not installed at a Honda dealership, the warranty will cover the cost of replacing the part but not the cost of labour to install the new one.
The Genuine Honda Replacement Parts Warranty does NOT cover the following:
- Warranty claims that are presented without sufficient proof of purchase, and/or the installation date of the part on your vehicle, and the odometer reading when the part was installed.
- Parts that are considered to be normal maintenance items that regularly require replacement (e.g., filters, brake linings) unless they need to be replaced early due to defects in the material or workmanship.
- Parts that were installed in a vehicle that is used in racing competitions or off-road applications.
Light Bulbs: 1 year / 20,000 km (whichever comes first)
The various light bulbs that were installed inside your new Honda during its manufacture are covered for any cost to repair or replace them due to a defect in the material or workmanship that causes them to burn out, break, or malfunction. This coverage lasts for the first year or 20,000 km (whichever comes first) after the date of the vehicle’s registration.
Keyless Entry or Security Fob Batteries: 1 year / No Distance Limit
The batteries used in your vehicle’s keyless entry fob, or security fob, that is given to you when the new Honda is first purchased are covered for any cost to repair or replace them due to a defect in the material or workmanship that causes the battery to cease functioning. This coverage lasts for for the first year after the date of the vehicle’s registration and has no distance limit.
Floor Mats: 1 year / No Distance Limit
The floor mats provided by the factory in your new Honda are covered for any cost to repair or replace them due to a defect in the material or workmanship that causes them to rip, tear, or wear out. This coverage lasts for for the first year after the date of the vehicle’s registration and has no distance limit.
Honda Warranty Coverage Rules & Exclusions
Coverage for Honda’s Power Train Component Warranty, Distributor’s Warranty, and Emission Systems Warranty includes any factory installed part for repair and replacement. However, there are two groups of exclusions: normal maintenance tasks that are necessary for maintaining your vehicle’s optimal condition, and expendable parts that are subject to natural wear and tear over time that the vehicle owner is considered responsible for.
Normal maintenance examples:
- Wheel balancing and re-alignment
- Tire rotation
- Brake and clutch adjustments
- Tightening of nuts, bolts and fittings
- Engine tune-ups
- Headlight re-alignment
Expendable parts examples:
- Brake linings
None of the Warranty Coverages listed above cover the following situations:
- If you did not follow the regular maintenance schedule of your vehicle.
- If the vehicle was in a collision, accident, or was misused (e.g., it was used in racing).
- If you modified the vehicle or replaced its original accessories, attachments, parts, or devices with alternatives that are not approved or tested by Honda to suit your vehicle.
- If the odometer or emission control systems of your vehicle were altered, modified or tampered with to prevent accurate readings.
- If you had any repairs performed from somewhere other than an authorized Honda dealership during the warranty period
- Repairs or maintenance caused by normal wear and tear and exposure to the elements such as gravel, salt, and other debris.
The Honda Rust Perforation Warranty and Surface Corrosion Warranty does NOT cover the following:
- Repairs for body panel rust that is needed because the vehicle was abused or did not receive proper maintenance.
- Repairs for rust caused by paint that was worn or damaged by normal road hazards such as gravel, salt, and other debris.
- Repairs for rust caused the affect part of the vehicle being submerged in water, sand or mud, or exposed to other harmful elements such as corrosive gas.
- Accessory components that are rusted
Honda Warranty Guides By Model Year
For every new model year that comes out, Honda’s warranty coverage might change for that year. Whatever the warranty was for the model year that you purchased, those will be the warranty terms and conditions that apply to you. If you want to look up more information about your specific Honda’s warranty, you can click on the links below to read that year’s Honda warranty: